Shipping & Online Order Pick Up
How we get Melbournalia to you...
We are currently offering:
- Free Australia-wide Standard shipping - orders over $80.
- Australia-wide Standard flat rate shipping - $8.95 for parcels under 2kg.
- Australia-wide Express flat rate shipping - $12.95 for parcels under 2kg.
- Regular Large Letter with Tracking - a cost effective way of getting envelope sized goods to you for only $4.40.
Online Order Pickup Update Autumn 2021
You can click and collect your order from us at Mitchell House, Lonsdale St in the heart of the Melbourne CBD.
- 11am - 3pm Monday, Wednesday & Friday
Please select the Pickup option at our checkout. You will be notified by email when your parcel is ready.
See our Contact Us page for Melbournalia's new location details.
Local Shipping Update Autumn 2021
Australia Post is still experiencing some delays.
Please allow 2-4 business days for standard delivery within Melbourne. If you live interstate, or in rural or regional Victoria please allow up to 4-8 business days for your parcel to arrive.
Select the Express Post option if you need your parcel in a (relative) hurry! Australia Post has temporarily suspended the "next day" guarantee. However this is still the fastest way to receive a parcel within 1-3 business days.
Regular Large Letter with Tracking is a cost effective way of getting small letter sized goods to you. However as Australia Post has altered its regular mail delivery to once every two days please choose the Express Post shipping option if you need your parcel quickly.
Visit the Australia Post Service Updates for the latest advice on domestic deliveries.
International Shipping Update Autumn 2021
Australia Post is still experiencing some delays.
We still want to be able to send a little piece of Melbourne out to the world, however, you may need to allow 3-5 weeks (possibly more in some circumstances) for your parcel to arrive.
Circumstances and delivery times can change rapidly in this highly volatile environment, please note also that time in customs is not included in our delivery time estimate and is outside of Australia Post’s (and our) control.
For International Orders; shipping rates are estimated by Australia Post as you add items to your shopping cart.
Have Australia Post estimate international postage times for you.
Visit Australia Post Service Updates for the latest advice on international deliveries.
Customs Fees / Duties / Taxes
Goods Purchased Online for Personal Use
You may be charged customs duties and taxes for something purchased online because:
- Duties and taxes are most typically not included in the price of the goods you purchase online, and might not be included in the overall shipping costs you pay to the online retailer.
- When purchasing goods online, some or all of these goods may not originate in the country you reside in, therefore are subject to a customs duty, which is a tariff or tax imposed on goods when transported across international borders.
- When goods are not shipped domestically (within your country) or within a single customs union, such as the European Union, you are liable to pay any inbound duties and taxes which your local customs authority deems appropriate.
What is payable, if anything, depends on where the goods are sent from and to, the type of goods, their transactional value and the weight of the package.
Any customs fees, duties and taxes payable are the responsibility of the customer when the parcel arrives in its destination country. A handy website to calculate any cost that may be incurred is Duty Calculator.
Gifts Bought Online
A gift is defined as something sent directly by one private individual to another and such goods do not attract import tax if the value is below stated local thresholds.
Ordering and paying for goods that originate outside of your country or customs territory for shipping to a person other than the purchaser does not satisfy the customs definition of being a gift.
UK govt website with exact info about charges for receiving goods from non EU countries by post (goods and post costs combined over £134.00GBP about $200.00AU may incur a customs fee) https://www.gov.uk/goods-sent-from-abroad/tax-and-duty
UK Royal Mail site for tracking parcels - same Aus Post tracking numbers apply http://www.postoffice.co.uk/track-trace
Links to EU countries’ various customs regulations https://ec.europa.eu/taxation_customs/national-customs-websites_en
We are happy to accept items for return or exchange within thirty days of receiving your order providing:
- the items you have purchased are unused and in good condition
- the invoice (or order number) is provided
- you have contacted us to arrange the return
We generally do not offer refunds when you’ve changed your mind about your purchase, however, we will gladly issue a gift voucher to the value of your return which is valid for 12 months.
If you received an incorrect or defective item please contact us to arrange a replacement.
Please contact us to discuss the most convenient way to arrange an exchange (provided the above conditions are met).
- We will issue a gift voucher for any difference between the products which will be valid for 6 months.
- It may take up to 2 weeks to process returns or exchanges.
- All orders or exchanges are subject to availability of stock.